Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pickit2 and 18f43K22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I didn't time it but I know I sit and waited 30 minutes it did nothing and I had the code right to set osc but swordfish runs the module code first and then heads to the rest
So if one reads you'll see how to include things right after all we talking 10 years back..
I'm about sure I was the first to point this out
Crystal the code ran find
Most people then used Crystal's

I moved to swordfish from asm

Well I didn't time it but I know I sit and waited 30 minutes it did nothing and I had the code right to set osc but swordfish runs the module code first and then heads to the rest
So if one reads you'll see how to include things right after all we talking 10 years back..
I'm about sure I was the first to point this out
Crystal the code ran find
Most people then used Crystal's

I moved to swordfish from asm
I'm not whinging.. It takes time to learn a new compiler.... SF looks good.. Once you know the look and feel should be easy..
I run a simple simulation a while since and it ran quite well..

Update: now have both perf boards working. On to configuring a 3x4 switch matrix and integrating a 4 x3 LED matrix together so I have control over both READING the switches as well as controlling the LEDs.
So looking at 14 pins unless I monitor the switches using ADC. Am wiring up on a perf board to test.
later

Maybe start a new thread on the switch/LED matrix but I found this as interesting.

Attachments

• Switch Matrix.pdf
    23.5 KB · Views: 200
That switch matrix is a very bad idea. Most people press buttons so fast that two are pressed simultaneously (called two key rollover). With that analogue design pushing two keys simultaneously will result in a different switch being indicated. Just stick with a normal scanning keyboard.

Mike.

I simulated the circuit I posed and it is basically trash.
Looked at the link Dan posted and looks interesting.
Contemplating going back to my original design 3 x 4 matrix with Leds and switches.
Caculating my pin count and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back