Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic18f4620 vga

Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomSoft- Hi, not sure why your code isn't working. I had a dual trace scope next to mine for the whole development process, between the scope for viewing the sync pulses and video data and the VGA screen itself I managed to debug it. Getting the sync working is the first step, then you'll find yourself trying to get enough time to load the video data AND output the video data during each line. It really is pushing the time limits of the PIC for text at the size i did it. With a AVR (cough cough) it's a lot easier due to the much faster MIPs rate. I hate saying that. :D

3v0- Agreed! Even with something as simple as a big ram chip and automatic serial output, ie a shift register etc it gets a lot easier. But there's something to be said for the raw power of just being able to program a PIC and get it to do everything. Any kid out of Uni should be able to connect 10 chips and make a working gizmo, but the guy who can do it all with one chip is a cut above the crowd.

AtomSoft-
3v0- Agreed! Even with something as simple as a big ram chip and automatic serial output, ie a shift register etc it gets a lot easier. But there's something to be said for the raw power of just being able to program a PIC and get it to do everything. Any kid out of Uni should be able to connect 10 chips and make a working gizmo, but the guy who can do it all with one chip is a cut above the crowd.
AtomSoft (and I hope he does not mind me saying) came to ETO willing to learn and has made great progress. At this point I am sure he can but a lot of the Uni Kids to shame regarding the use of uC's.

Roman, Thats why i am switching to ARM heh. Nice speed with great IO pin count. Using a IC meant for something like this would be nice but adds to board space and price.

Thanks 3v0 I guess if i had a scope i can see where exactly im going wrong heh. Christmas is coming soon tho!!! hopefully enough hints and massages (back rubs lol) will ensure one under the tree :)

Get a Mbed there cool as can be I got one from the Mbed challenge now i have to come up with something good to win me $10,000 LOL

Thanks 3v0 I guess if i had a scope i can see where exactly im going wrong heh. Christmas is coming soon tho!!! hopefully enough hints and massages (back rubs lol) will ensure one under the tree
Then you'll have to learn how to use it there not really plug and play

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back