Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic18f2580 oscillator config

Status
Not open for further replies.

einton

Hi guys , i m working on pic18f2580 using 8 mhz crystal oscillator with 22 Pf capacitor, but my some programs are not working , now looking over the data sheet in oscillator configuration topic , it says
If HS is
selected, it is possible that the gain of the
oscillator will overdrive the resonator.
Therefore, a series resistor should be
placed between the OSC2 pin and the
resonator. As a good starting point, the
recommended value of RS is 330Ω.
so i want to ask for which oscillator it is required is it for crystal oscillator , i m also posting my schematics for pic18f2580 system . also please verify my settings.

Attachments

• oscillator.zip
    15 KB · Views: 139
  • setting.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 127
HS is good for 8MHz, so are the 22pF caps. I've never needed a resistor with my crystals.

PS your PIC has an internal 8MHz oscillator with about a 1% accuracy. If you use it does your program run?

You could try XT as your setting.

What programmer are you using?

Last edited:
thanx BLUE, but data sheet says for operation above 3.5mhz it is better to use Hs mode, im using universal programmer , my programs are working on other systems i dont know waht the wrong i m doing , can u sort out any possible thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back