Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F88 and PIC16F690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Hammond

I need help with pins on PIC16F88 and PIC16F690. Which pins would I use to connect five PWM driven motors and analogue position sensors?

If the PWM needs to be separate hardware outputs then neither as both chips have one PWM module!!

The pic16f1825 have four separate modules, but for five you need the pic18f2431...

Software PWM can be done but very slow!!!

Ok. I'm new to microprocessors so this is a bit tricky for me. Basically this is part of a BTEC question I'm working on and I only have the 16F88 and 16F690 to work with. Thanks for you help.

If you don't need a fast period, you can get pretty good results with a software pwm... They will all have to be the same period but you can have quite a few.. Create an array to hold the duty cycle of each... Best to use 5 or 6 bit.... Count to 64 with a relatively fast interrupt... The test each duty cycle and cancel each one at a time...

upload_2016-8-27_19-28-54.png

Set each pin high at the count of 64 then set the count t0 zero and then low when each match the desired duty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back