Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F877A LCD Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

winson

Hi friends,

I was developed my remote control project(UART) by using PIC16F877A, now i was plan to add a LCD display to the remote control but i dont know much about the LCD.

So what type of LCD do i need to choose?
Then rougly what is programming method for each type of LCD?

I have search through the internet for information, but on the whole still not clear about the LCD stuff....

Any suggestions or comments are appreciate.

Thanks a lot.:)

Go to the Microchip website.....I am sure thay have some application notes for LCD displays

Hi friends,

I was developed my remote control project(UART) by using PIC16F877A, now i was plan to add a LCD display to the remote control but i dont know much about the LCD.

So what type of LCD do i need to choose?
Then rougly what is programming method for each type of LCD?

I have search through the internet for information, but on the whole still not clear about the LCD stuff....

Any suggestions or comments are appreciate.

Thanks a lot.:)

hi,
There are lots of application data/programs for LCD's with a HD44780 controller ic.
Look thru these:

EVERBOUQUET|MC1602C-SYR|LCD MODULE, ALPHANUMERIC, 2X16 | Farnell United Kingdom
BATRON|BTHQ21603V-FSTF-LED WHITE WC|LCD MODULE, ALPHANUMERIC, 16X2 | Farnell United Kingdom

How to control a HD44780-based Character-LCD

EDIT:
Look at this pdf.

Attachments

• lcd1.pdf
    240.7 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Wow, all this informations really helpful for me. After i spend some time to read thru all the link and documents, my understanding on LCD displaying was increased a lot.

Thanks for everybody reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back