Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F628 Configuration Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin094

What is the proer way to configre a PIC16F628 so that it is like a 16F84 but with an internal rc oscilator? I know that you have to turn the comparators off.

When you set the config word which setting should I use? What is the command the turns the internal oscillator on but does not change any of the other settings? I have looked through the datasheet and I see that there are 4 or 5 different ways to configure the chip to use the internal oscilator or to use an external. I have tried to configure the chip to use the internal osc. but the chip did not run.

Any light that could be shed on the subject would be much appreciated.

The way I do it in PIC Basic Pro is this:
cmcon = 7 'outputs digital.
@ device INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT, MCLR_OFF ' internal oscillator 4 MHz.
' MCLR_OFF means no need of external resistor. port can be used.

I am not a professional programmer, just for scale model trains and some funny stuff.

I figured out my problem. For some reason I had Vcc and ground reversed on my bread board. Opps... Fortunatly the chip still seems to function properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back