Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic12c508

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the PIC12C508 can only be programmed once, while PIC12F508 is flash.

How long does it take to erase a chip with UV light? Does it erase as fast as the computer erases a flash one?

How long does it take to erase a chip with UV light? Does it erase as fast as the computer erases a flash one?

Nothing like! - 20 minutes or so under a UV eraser lamp.

If you were wanting to do development you really need a good number of UV ones for any kind of speed, and place them back in the eraser as you move to the next.

I've got ONE 12C508JW, it was about £12-15 - something like more than 10 times a normal one.

You shouldn't even be considering it now the 12F508 is available.

Yep I've got 2, nice little gold beasties they are and I paid about $20 AUD each for them? My home made eraser with 4W germicidal tube erases them in 2 to 3 minutes (PIC at 10mm from tube). I used to use one in program/testing while the other was being erased.

I hated working with 12C series. That 2 level stack, and you can only use function calls in SOME of the program memory blocks! And really short of ram too if I remember right...

Yep I've got 2, nice little gold beasties they are and I paid about $20 AUD each for them? My home made eraser with 4W germicidal tube erases them in 2 to 3 minutes (PIC at 10mm from tube). I used to use one in program/testing while the other was being erased.

I hated working with 12C series. That 2 level stack, and you can only use function calls in SOME of the program memory blocks! And really short of ram too if I remember right...

Sounds darn awfull :)
I was born at the right time :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back