Pic12c508

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take to erase a chip with UV light? Does it erase as fast as the computer erases a flash one?

How long does it take to erase a chip with UV light? Does it erase as fast as the computer erases a flash one?

Nothing like! - 20 minutes or so under a UV eraser lamp.

If you were wanting to do development you really need a good number of UV ones for any kind of speed, and place them back in the eraser as you move to the next.

I've got ONE 12C508JW, it was about £12-15 - something like more than 10 times a normal one.

You shouldn't even be considering it now the 12F508 is available.

Yep I've got 2, nice little gold beasties they are and I paid about $20 AUD each for them? My home made eraser with 4W germicidal tube erases them in 2 to 3 minutes (PIC at 10mm from tube). I used to use one in program/testing while the other was being erased.

I hated working with 12C series. That 2 level stack, and you can only use function calls in SOME of the program memory blocks! And really short of ram too if I remember right...

Sounds darn awfull
I was born at the right time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…