Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic10f204 oscillator calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagarathna

HI,

AIM : I want to generate 55khz and 33khz frequency on any of the portpin using PIC10F204.

PROBLEM 1 : while searching for sufficient data materials and stuff on google search i found every one telling "plz note down oscillator factory setting".I am not understanding the importance of this where and how
should i be cautious ?what is the value written in the calibration instruction ?

PROBLEM 2 : when i calibrate the internal oscillator to 4MHZ
i.e. [OSCCAL = 0X7F].what will the value be generated on the oscillator pin is it 4mz or 1mhz.
since the 0th bit of OSCCAL is F0SC4=INTOSC/4.

Are you going to use internal or external oscillator?
Even if you calibrate internal one it's precision and most important temperature stability will be significantly less then in external crystal.

Are you going to use internal or external oscillator?
Even if you calibrate internal one it's precision and most important temperature stability will be significantly less then in external crystal.

The 10F204 has no provision for an external oscillator. The only choice is the 4Mhz internal oscillator.

Mike

HI,

AIM : I want to generate 55khz and 33khz frequency on any of the portpin using PIC10F204.

PROBLEM 1 : while searching for sufficient data materials and stuff on google search i found every one telling "plz note down oscillator factory setting".I am not understanding the importance of this where and how
should i be cautious ?what is the value written in the calibration instruction ?
People suggest that you record this value because some programmers end up overwriting the value.
PROBLEM 2 : when i calibrate the internal oscillator to 4MHZ
i.e. [OSCCAL = 0X7F].what will the value be generated on the oscillator pin is it 4mz or 1mhz.
since the 0th bit of OSCCAL is F0SC4=INTOSC/4.

The frequency on the FOSC4 (GP2) pin will be 1Mhz.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back