Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
stephenpic said:
The people who sell the ice breaker kit said it would be very hard for me to put together with no soldering experience ( which i dont have ) and that I would need help.... any ideas?

If you've no soldering experience everything starts to look rather more difficult :(

Whereabouts are you?, I'm sure there's plenty of people on here who would be willing to help you put it together - I would, but you may be able to find someone more local.

But you really need to learn to solder, I would suggest buying simple kits and building them - my daughter has built a number of Maplin/Velleman kits - mainly flashing LED ones. She started with a flashing christmas tree when she was about 10 years old, she's probably made 5 or 6 kits now, and is a reasonably competent solderer (I wouldn't guarantee the spelling of that last word! - it doesn't look right somehow!) .

Heh spelling isnt important if i know what you mean :p

Yea I agree I need soldering experience, of course I did a tiny bit when I was at school but that was really really basic. Im in Essex so if anyone fancys a new friend ;)

I dont mind doing the kits for the soldering experience but I see 'electronics' without any 'brain' a little boring. Ill look on maplins site for a few starter kits :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back