Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic programmer help ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tariq7868

hello .. i am making a pic program with the help of circuit diagram which i obtained from ....Parallel Port PIC Programmer ... in this the regulated power supply of 13.2v and 5 v is required by inputtinf 16-20 v of to regulator... but i only have 12v supply which after being regulated is giving output of 5.4v and 11.5v .. so as pics are cmos ,,so can i go ahead using these voltages?.. will there be any possibility of error??

Hi,

How good is your voltmeter ? - the output from the +5v regulator should be 5.00 give or take 0.1v at most.

5.4v means something is wrong to me - that is very near the maximum limit for the chips.

The 11.4 v may seem to be enough, but once you start programming, the line load increases and the voltage will drop even more - so that failure may occur.

To test and prove the circuit why no use a couple of 9v batteries so you have a good 18v going in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back