Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevada

Hello I need help how to interface 4x4 matrix keypad to pic16F84 using PORTB and display keypressed on PORTA or LCD. Using no external resistors only internal pull ups. Using Assembly code

Thank you :) will appriciate very much

I would like must as possible explanation of the code.
Have a good day.

What kind of keypad (multiplex, 1 button , 1000 buttons???? ) and what kind of display (7-segment, LCD... )

The standard 4x4 matrix keypad configuration I know requires at least 4 external resistors and and equal number of diodes. As far as I know, there are no internal pullups, only switches. You will also have to implement either hardware or software switch debouncing. (Of course, software is much more convenient.)

keypad

Thanks for replying checkmate
but PORTB in the 16fxx pic has internal weak pull up. It is enable by clearing bit 7 of OPTION_REG. if i am not correct i will welcome your input
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back