Pic General Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

caslor

Hi to all friends here.

I want to build a panel for my old car to read the measurements i get from the sensors i have install them

For now i will build it with the Lm3914 to drive a bar of leds as it is more easy for a newbie like me to do it

But i want to try some time with a micro controller .

The idea is to get the voltage signal from the sensors (oil temp , oil pressure etc ) and translate them (after the right calibration) to graphical in digital panels

lets say something like this :

**broken link removed**

My question now :

can this happen with the use of only one Pic / micro conreller ? Or have to use for every measurement i get and one Pic / micro conreller ?
(if i want to measure oil temp and oil pressure then i would like to have one digital panel for each of them )

thanks in advance

A single PIC would easily handle the requirements. Count up the numbers of I/O's required, and select a PIC with a minimum number of I/O's that satisfy that minimum number.

Edit; I'm not sure how many A/D convertors you can get with one PIC. You may be required to multiplex the sensor inputs, or do the conversion off-chip.

Last edited:
Ohh thanks.. yes 8 inputs is very well for my project

so a 16F877 pic is for me

can i drive 5 diferent digital splay with it ? (as i said each input has its own digital display)

is any company - person that could write the program for this pic depending my needs? (paying it or free ) as i dont know nothing for this type of applications

Thanks... one more question was answered ... for now the project goes very well in theory

So i will need a clever programmer

and a nice schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…