Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic General Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

caslor

Hi to all friends here.

I want to build a panel for my old car to read the measurements i get from the sensors i have install them

For now i will build it with the Lm3914 to drive a bar of leds as it is more easy for a newbie like me to do it

But i want to try some time with a micro controller .

The idea is to get the voltage signal from the sensors (oil temp , oil pressure etc ) and translate them (after the right calibration) to graphical in digital panels

lets say something like this :

**broken link removed**

My question now :

can this happen with the use of only one Pic / micro conreller ? Or have to use for every measurement i get and one Pic / micro conreller ?
(if i want to measure oil temp and oil pressure then i would like to have one digital panel for each of them )

thanks in advance

A single PIC would easily handle the requirements. Count up the numbers of I/O's required, and select a PIC with a minimum number of I/O's that satisfy that minimum number.

Edit; I'm not sure how many A/D convertors you can get with one PIC. You may be required to multiplex the sensor inputs, or do the conversion off-chip.

Last edited:
A 16F877 has 8 A/D inputs which would more than likely be enough for an older car.

Ohh thanks.. yes 8 inputs is very well for my project ;)

so a 16F877 pic is for me ;)

can i drive 5 diferent digital splay with it ? (as i said each input has its own digital display)

is any company - person that could write the program for this pic depending my needs? (paying it ;) or free :D ) as i dont know nothing for this type of applications

Yep with some clever programming you could have 8 LCD's if you wanted.

Thanks... one more question was answered ... for now the project goes very well :) in theory :p

So i will need a clever programmer :p :p :p

and a nice schematic :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back