Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic Development Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcomed.

Don't forget, the fun is all in the trying. Best of luck to your first press-N-peel trial.

eblc1388 said:
You're welcomed.

Don't forget, the fun is all in the trying. Best of luck to your first press-N-peel trial.
I am starting with PnP Blue too. But I was shocked when I found out it costs $3.5 (per A4, if I take 5 sheets including VAT & postage). Do you think it's a good price (considering I am in Slovakia - Central Europe)?
Thanks!

Don't know. Last time I checked, p-N-p costs ukp 14.99 for five "letter size" sheets from our dear Electronic Supplier Maplins, and postage and delivery is yet to be added.

I personally use pre-sensitised board for PCB making with laser printed image on copier transparancy. Using this method, I can produce more boards if I wanted to. I would like to try the "laser printer on grossy paper" method but my wife banned me from using her non-stick iron. :?

Just one note. Your tracks are a bit close togather. Try spacing them out, especially since you seem to have board space for it. Also, try using thicker tracks.

Very likely the existing iron would not function one day if I want to try hard enough(no one would suspect a brown fuse in the plug).

Then I'll check the "damged" iron and declare it dead. We'll then go out and buy a new one. Then somehow I'll fix the old one. At least that's the plan.

Hiya Guy's,
Well after playing around with a breadboard today and I ended up nearly taking a 4 pound hammer (as the breadboards here in Oz are crappy made in china junk) to it I've decided to bite the bullet and finish of my development board I was working on a few months ago. Below is the modified design and I've decided to go with a few link rather than put tracks between the pins of the IC's( these are shown in red). I've also put in a 6 pin ICD2 header for programming and debugging and I know the 18f series have different pinouts for the ICD but I'll be concentrating on the 16fxxx chips which are all pin compatable.
Just one queston on the serial connection I saw on the net when I first made the design of linking the pins not used, would it matter if I just say had the earth and the rx and tx connected and got ride of the other tracks?.

Cheers Bryan :D

Attachments

• development_board_2a.gif
    development_board_2a.gif
    27.9 KB · Views: 666
bryan1 said:
Just one queston on the serial connection I saw on the net when I first made the design of linking the pins not used, would it matter if I just say had the earth and the rx and tx connected and got ride of the other tracks?.

It depends on the software you use on the PC side?, as long as hardware handshaking is disabled then it will work fine - but adding the simple links makes the hardware handshake connections for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back