Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 16f84A problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasanna_km

i cant transfer program to my pic16f84A Ic . it shows an error "Programming failed at Code address 0000h!".

pls any one write the program for my requirment

i want to switch on one output after 4 minutes .when Input 1 and 2 or lost(off). then switch off the output when Input 1 present.

I have carefully analysed the information given, and have come to the conclusion that you've done something wrong.

To be a little more helpful, this error is usually caused by the PIC not being switched to programming mode - the overwhelmingly common reason for this is too little voltage on the MCLR pin.

However, you don't mention what programmer or software you are using?, if it's a JDM (or similar 'serial port' programmer), it's a VERY common problem, as it relies on your serial port exceeding the RS232 standard.

A silly mistake I sometimes make is to load the .asm file instead of the .hex and hence the PIC programmer gives this error message.

If this is not the case, have you done a hardware check of your programmer?

If you are using icprog, it has a hardware check and allows you to set the various signals so you can measure the voltages in the programmer.

Go to Settings/Hardware check. Tick Enable Data out, check that a tick appears in the Data in square. Tick Enable Clock, check the voltage on the PIC Clock pin, etc.

Also, do you have the right setting for your programmer. Some need inversion, some don't.

If you need more help, post a circuit of your programmer.

Len

ljcox said:
A silly mistake I sometimes make is to load the .asm file instead of the .hex and hence the PIC programmer gives this error message.

That shouldn't generate a 'verify @ adress xxxx error'...
That would more likely give an 'what the hell's this file format ?' error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back