Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photocell - Alter on/off Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack0987

Alas, another project that needs attending too.

I have one of these to replace the one I had that has ceased to work.

61uH1z0PYvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The problem with it is that it comes on about an hour too soon and shuts off an hour too late.
Is there a way to change that?

If you apply a piece of black insulating tape to partially cover the sensing window, it will need more light to activate, coming on later in the day.
If the light sensed at the end of the day is less than real because the placed tape dims it, it will shut off earlier.

Aiming the sensor away from direct ambient light will do the same.

If you apply a piece of black insulating tape to partially cover the sensing window, it will need more light to activate, coming on later in the day.
If the light sensed at the end of the day is less than real because the placed tape dims it, it will shut off earlier.

Aiming the sensor away from direct ambient light will do the same.

I think your suggestion will do just the opposite of what I was hoping to accomplish.
It comes on about an hour earlier before dusk than I would like.
I think I need to get it more light. Maybe I should point it at the sky?
Would a circuit change maybe be possible if I can get it apart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back