Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photo optic event counter needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a 'fun' project.

If you're considering the 100mm (4 inch) displays, they usually require a higher voltage so source drivers are different. The circuit below should work. Full brightness with PWM brightness control. Add power brick, regulators, and switches if necessary. Battery backup?

If this is a "one off" project you might be able to draft one of us PIC guys to help you with the program and to burn a chip for you.

Regards, Mike

Attachments

• Touch Counter.PNG
    Touch Counter.PNG
    46.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I know this may not be a big enough display, but it could fit my needs better, I like the idea of a 3volt battery to retain memory for 6 years https://www.redlion.net/Products/DigitalandAnalog/Counters/Totalizing/CUB4L.html

I think a copper washer around the hole where a persons finger goes to touch it can be used as the touch plate **broken link removed**

I'm thinking of adding a capacitor across a small relay to hold the replay in for 15 seconds or more so it can only be triggered once in 15 seconds

Thanks for your Mike and everyone else who has posted ------------- A BIG THANKS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back