Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PHILIPS PM-3543 Oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdanh2002

which oscilloscope: PHILIPS PM-3543 or GW Instek GOS-6101

Hi,

After a year playing with my GW-INSTEK GOS-620 Dual Channel 20 MHz analog oscilloscope, I believe I need something slightly better but affordable. Since I am just a hobbyist, I cannot afford expensive TEK digital scopes. I also do not like USB scopes. I am looking at the following 2 scopes on eBay Singapore from a seller whom I know personally (I bought my current scope from him and it's working well)

eBay.com.sg: GW GOS-6101 100 MHz OSCILLOSCOPE (item 310304963347 end time Mar 25, 2011 17:19:51 SGT)

eBay.com.sg: PHILIPS PM-3543 LOGIC SCOPE OSCILLOSCOPE (item 310306078195 end time Mar 29, 2011 17:28:38 SGT)

I am able to find some details on the first scope but not much useful information on the second logic analyzer scope. There are some sites offering manual for these scopes at a very high cost.

I am probably going down to the seller's warehouse to test and try out the scopes before buying. However, before I go down or start to bid for the scopes, can anyone share any more information about these scopes? Especially the second one, it's a 200 MHz scope with a built-in logic analyzer. However, from the photos, it doesn't look like it offers a lot of logic analyzer features (mostly manual controls) and the trace seems very thick. I believe it isn't simply just some wrong settings, otherwise the seller would have adjusted it before taking the photo.

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend the philips I have a 3055 or something that has a very poorly trace. Can't bear to part with it but at the same time I know given the exotic non-available chipset and cramped space it would be very hard to near impossible to service!
Can't comment on the other choice though.

Thanks. Do you know approximately when the Philips 3543 was released? Just want to guess how old this oscilloscope is. Do you also know where I can perhaps find user guide/service manual for these scopes? My search in Google (and Google Books) yield nothing useful.

As for the INSTEK scope, my search on Instek websites shows that similar models (6112/6103) are still in production. No manual to download though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back