Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Philips Magnavox observation camera & monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mufdivr

Hi,

I aquired 2 philips/magnavox observation cameras with 2 monitors that have rj11 connectors and appear to be self or monitor powered. Can anyone explain to me how to connect and activate these please? The camera model numers are 98mc355r, 68mc305r, 24ms85 5r01 monitors with 4 rj11 ports and rgb audio connections. I could post pics if that is ok and needed.

Thanks for your time & consideration

Couldn't find the model numbers on Philips or Magnavox websites, or any security cameras for that matter. Maybe they have that stuff on a different site, or it's not a USA product.

Camera + audio, needs 4 wires, so could be phone cable, Cat5 ethernet, or something similar. I'd see how many contacts are in the connector, if its 4, try a phone cord, 8 try a network cable (most likely). The cameras should get power from the monitor. Acquired, means might not work... Some people fail to mention that.
**broken link removed**

Is this the set up?

Hi,

I aquired 2 philips/magnavox observation cameras with 2 monitors that have rj11 connectors and appear to be self or monitor powered. Can anyone explain to me how to connect and activate these please? The camera model numers are 98mc355r, 68mc305r, 24ms85 5r01 monitors with 4 rj11 ports and rgb audio connections. I could post pics if that is ok and needed.

Thanks for your time & consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back