Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

perf board design

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

Now that Radio Shack is gone, obtaining perf boards is expensive and not real friendly for say wider 40 pin chips.
Started designing a perf board that will be commercially manufactured.
Design input to determine desirability for a printed perf board such number of bus circuits, simple ICSP ports with resistor, a method to connect a large number of LEDs or other without actually soldering to board.
here is a pic of my present design. NOTO I am limited to 500 pins. this deign has 448 so far.

Attachments

• perf board.jpg
    perf board.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 145
Now that Radio Shack is gone, obtaining perf boards is expensive and not real friendly for say wider 40 pin chips.

I'm not sure that I follow. Various sizes of perfboard and stripboard are pretty easy to obtain on places like amazon and eBay, and I wouldn't consider them expensive aside from some of the very large sizes.

Generally, most of the kinds I see have just unconnected pads without bus bars of any kind, but there are also kinds available that have connected busses for power and ground rails similar to what you show.

Perhaps I'm not understanding, though. Is there a particular style or layout of perfboard that you mean?

EDIT: something like this, for example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10X-DIY-Pr...8596ee1&pid=100010&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=132032486865

Furtlec is across the sea from USA??
pretty good prices but need more time to investigate.
THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back