Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photoresist Spray

evandude said:
anyone had good luck with spray-on photoresist? Is it reliable, and does a can cover enough board to make it any more economical than buying presensitized boards?

I have used photoresist but find pre-sensitised to be far less fuss. The photoresist has too many variables, thickness, spread, possible dust contamination, developing time, and shelf life of spray all play a part. However I have had lots of good boards from this method. I now prefer to use presensitised but keep a can of spray for when I am out of pre-sensitised.

As for Economy, I think it just appears to be cheaper, in the long run, with the time factor and re-runs, it works out more expensive and clumsy for me.

Perhaps someone could help with a few more tips?

does anyone sell this spray-on stuff in the USA? I didn't see it at my normal mail order places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back