Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB track burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey its not LM2506 ,its LM2596.between i got the clear idea of wat is happening in my circuit.i gv 24v input and current consumption of my power supply is 0.35A/358.6 mA. Input vol for lm2596 can vary upto 40v and current can vary from 3.5 to 7.5A.
..For 1A,the tracks width rangeis 20mills and w.r.t 3A,track width is 60 mills. Now my doubt is usually trackks are designed w.r.t to current consumption of the circuit or w.r.t to Imin load??

When you want to measure current AT ANY TIME AT ALL, here is what you do:
Cut the wire or the track with a knife and insert the multimeter using the highest range on the meter. This can be the 10amp range.
The highest range is the best. If the needle only moves a small, small, amount, you can change the range. It is very difficult to measure current around a 3-terminal regulator as any impedance you introduce via the multimeter leads will upset the operation of the regulator ENORMOUSLY.
Feel the regulator. If it is getting hot, current is flowing.

Last edited:
This is a very frustrating thread to say the least. We are not being given all the details. The caps will not smoke your trace, so only thing after it is the part after the inductor. Obviously, you have a heavy load at the inductor. Why? Only one can guess without more info.

hello mikebits,i came to this forum as i could get some data.Please don hesitate or reply at haste.As am not able to resolve am taking inputs from whom ever understand the issue.Taz all.
If you can,try helping me for teh question which i've posted at 11.34,june 2010

hey its not LM2506 ,its LM2596.

That makes a big difference!!! The Vin thing was first pointed out in post #6.

Which LM2596 are you using... the -3.3, -5.0, -12 or the -adj?
Why do you think you need an input LC filter with a 7µH inductor?
What is the copper weight of your PCB... 1/4oz, 1/2oz, 1oz, 2oz...?
Can you post a schematic of your complete buck converter?

indulis, its LM2596s -ADJ P+,i dont understand watz that P+ which is specified on the IC.i don know the copper weight of my pCb and i've posted the schematic already ,This input LC filter was designed by some senior person and as he left am taking charge of it.Taz why am asking wether i can rearrange the lc filter to any other filter.My cuurrent consumption of power supply circuit is 65ma bt this ic can take upto 3A load.so what can be done??

...i've posted the schematic already...

Where have you posted "a schematic of your complete buck converter"? I'm not talking about the input LC filter schematic.
What is the output of the converter?

+,i dont understand watz that P+ which is specified on the IC
What "P+"? The controller has 5 pins... +Vin, Output, Gnd, Feedback and On/Off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back