Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Im using ARES (labcenter ) to layout my PCB , the problem is i dont have a laser printer for using the toner transfer method at home , so i go to a shop which has this printer , the problem is i print the layout into a .pdf file , and i tested i found its not to scale , is there any method that ensures a to scale file ?

try using PAINT or

any basic graphics program.
I use Photoshop Elements to get my mirror image for the top of the board.
for layout i'm using express pc board

You didnt get me , i mean when i print the layout not through the program like ares, it cant have the correct scale , so there will be miss mm.
For example , i print the layout as a pdf file , when i print this pdf file , the circuit isnt really to scale , so is there any other solution to print the layout ?

Hi,

This may be because when you print the PDF file, the printing is adjust to the zone of impression. Look in the printing screen, the third block, there must be somethng like "Scaling" (mine is in french). If you see something like "reduce to the zone of impression" then this is your problem. Change it to "No scaling". Again mine is in french so I don't know exactly how they say it in english.

Alain

Attachments

• PDF Printing.jpg
    PDF Printing.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
make sure its not enlarge to fit media

I have had this happen.
its frustrating until you figure it out.
usually the simplest thing is the problem but you can't see the forest because all the trees are in the way.

here is pc boards I have been working on

traces are .020.
I painted the excess copper - why etch if not needed.
reason for all the black

Attachments

• pc board 52009 copy.gif
    pc board 52009 copy.gif
    317.5 KB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back