Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB from China? Coronavirus info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was another table on 'kiss' link ...
virus.jpg

To be strictly correct, almost everything in that table is a bacteria, not a virus. Bacteria remain viable quite a bit longer than viruses.
The table was intended to show why licking the package was not a good idea. Also, the person that called it a virus table, put only the word virus in quotes, so, I'm guessing he knew better.

I had't seen the table before, but the nurse at the local hospital actually said "Pick it [the pill] off the floor and give it to him". Him, being my "father". My father dropped the pill on the floor.

See why I have little faith in "professionals".

Last edited:
I had't seen the table before, but the nurse at the local hospital actually said "Pick it[the pill] off the floor and give it to him". Him, being my "father". My father dropped the pill on the floor.

See why I have little faith in "professionals".

I agree - no faith. Watch out for yourself and family. A nurse brought an IV into my son's room and dropped the end of the tube on the ground. "don't worry, it has a cap" she said. Then she takes the dirty cap off with her gloved hand, and starts tapping my son's freshly cleaned arm with her now-contaminated glove.

Also, Hospital staff/medical experts use the gloves to protect themselves while trying to give use the impression the gloves are sterile for our sake.

Hospital staff/medical experts use the gloves to protect themselves while trying to give use the impression the gloves are sterile for our sake.

Yep, I'm in that position daily right now.

Where I worked "fingerprints" didn't get along well with vacuum chambers. "Fingerprints" upset circuits measuring 1e-12 Amperes. They could also cause 1000 W Xenon lamp to explode. Rumor had it that it was under about 13 atmospheres of pressure.

I took the disposable glove habit home with me for general household stuff. Now it's more medical at home. Locallly, I can get a box of vinyl gloves for $3.00 USD. Retail prices are insane.

My father passed during that admission. They removed fluid from his lung and didn;t tell us that a senior resident instead of the doctor did the procedure. They turned off dad's oxygen instead of his roommates. They fed him food and he wasn't supposed to have it before a CAT scan. He then lapsed into a coma, dx: the Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma came back aggressively. When the respirator was removed, he took his last breath within 10 minutes.

Lawyer: You didn't do an autopsy and "He was going to die anyway" It was months after he passed that we got a hold of hospital records and found out about the punctured lung.

Is oxygen the right procedure with a punctured lung?

I've got several JLC orders with DHL shipping placed around mid Jan, still no shipping. Many are stuck on 83%.

As I said, mine arrived last Monday, and I've got four built up so far.

Was there anything 'unusual' about your boards?, it said on the website that while they were continuing through the Chinese New Year that would only include the standard default green PCB's - but I imagine the extended New Year messed things up a lot as well?.

It's strange that they did anything during the New Years festival. It seems like the entire country shuts down for two weeks or more.

Seems most factories are waiting for new government guide lines to avoid infection to be finalized before they're reopening. Are JLC shipping now?

Mike.

According to the tracking info, my order from PCBWay was completed on Feb. 8, and is currently "ready for shipping." So, they appear to have a problem getting it out the door. I decided to go with ePacket instead of DHL, to save shipping costs.

Same here BobW. Mine are all green double layer but the one that's stuck is 0.8mm. It's at the end step at 83% (and has been for 10 days), so it looks like whoever scores and cuts the board isn't back yet. My DHL order with LCSC is also stuck so I don't think they're picking up yet.

My order from PCBWay was shipped on Feb 20, and according to the tracking info, left China on Feb 21 and is enroute. Sent by ePacket, so it may be on a slow boat.

Ive gotten a few supplies via DHL **snifflesniffle** lately including some from jlcpcb but it seems tough for the sellers to either source their supplies as normal or are having logostic problems inside lf China. DHL seems to be worKing ok once they get the items. I actually have one set to arrive tomorrow.

They keep saying DHL are picking up, they said the weekend and it hasn't happened. I can't be too bitchy given the circumstances.

Ive gotten a few supplies via DHL **snifflesniffle** lately including some from jlcpcb but it seems tough for the sellers to either source their supplies as normal or are having logostic problems inside lf China. DHL seems to be worKing ok once they get the items. I actually have one set to arrive tomorrow.

How lately, i.e when did they pick up from the factory? In my case they've not picked up in two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back