Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB from China? Coronavirus info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puts mine in the shade! One of which was converting The Oxford Observatory from the then 110vDC to 230vAC! :D
Max.

If we don't catch the bugs our immune system would be rubbish.... Its the trouble with kids today!!! I used to eat dirt and worms and allsorts when I was a kid... If you don't build up an immunity then you'll have to put a stupid mask and whinge about bugs that'll kill you. Nanny state... mums panicking over the slightest thing.. I despair!!!

Immune systems doesn't do much in metabolizing herbicides and the pesticides.

If you don't build up an immunity then you'll have to put a stupid mask and whinge about bugs that'll kill you.
Don't think its that black and white. some "bugs" stay in humans for a long time your immune system is not infallible however well your exposure ... re MRSA , and Helicobacter

s the concrete still soft and made of rice? Oh, maybe it is a tent?
actually it's mostly steel boxes similar to shipping containers, with all the wiring, oxygen hoses, water pipes already pre-fabbed into the box sections.

Seems like things are back to normal now. One of mine from 01/25 that was delayed for awhile has also cleared US customs and is set for delivery Monday/Tuesday.

I expect UK customs sometimes ( perhaps a lot of the time ) open these Chinese packages . so do they take handling precautions..?

I expect UK customs sometimes ( perhaps a lot of the time ) open these Chinese packages . so do they take handling precautions..?

They only VERY rarely open such parcels, I don't think any of mine have ever been opened? - and I've had a LOT from China.

But as already explained endlessly, it's not a concern anyway due to the longish shipping times and the short 'shelf live' of most viruses outside of a host.

I know the media has gone OTT on this topic.... The Flu virus kills 12000 a year in USA alone.. The current test for this "coronavirus" is a temperature sensor to the head ??? If the flu virus kills several thousand of people anyway ( mostly old and vulnerable) 168 deaths recorded in china is tiniest amount!! Sorry next month it'll be something else... Spanish flu killed millions... If I get coronvirus and die, you can all come and dance on my grave...

I take your point , so 'they' are wasting their time disinfecting the medical propertied in Brighton ..

It's more a public relations exercise than anything, but of course giving it a good clean is a good idea anyway :D

They do the same in schools, for any sort of long lasting outbreak of flu etc. - they close the school for a few days and 'deep clean' it - I suspect the biggest advantage of that is no kids in the school, so the virus dies out, rather than the cleaning.

Anyway, we wouldn't come and 'dance on your grave', we've give you a good send off and have a nice drunken party to remember you :D

Anyway, we wouldn't come and 'dance on your grave', we've give you a good send off and have a nice drunken party to remember you
I feel a lot reassured now...Thanks Just off to wash my hands.. I read somewhere there are about 250 , virus , bacteria, parasites that can live on / in humans

168 deaths recorded in china is tiniest amount!!

Over 800 as of this morning and, unlike "the flu", this Coronavirus is killing without regard to previous health - young, old, healthy or sick.

There are some strange rumors floating around about the Chinese governments suppression of "actual numbers" related to the outbreak and some over-the-top stories about how China enforcing quarantines and "disappearing" people who try to report the extreme measures by the Chinese government. I hope none of it is true. I used to believe there is a little bit of truth in every rumor but that belief is less and less likely as more and more people on the internet become "reporters" (fiction writers) eying to find an audience.

The 'virus' table was a bit of an eye opener, (thanks gophert) and for most of the population would be a bit of a shock
To be strictly correct, almost everything in that table is a bacteria, not a virus. Bacteria remain viable quite a bit longer than viruses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back