Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB-beginner quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniferkpj

Does anyone one what size of a hole is used for SIP pins on Eagle?
I tried searching the net but couldn't find an exact answer...

I am just working on breaking out a SMD chip's pins that would allow me to put SIP through the holes that I will create, and I will use use wires to connect from the SIP to the breadboard.

Thanks a lot!

Does anyone one what size of a hole is used for SIP pins on Eagle?
I tried searching the net but couldn't find an exact answer...

I am just working on breaking out a SMD chip's pins that would allow me to put SIP through the holes that I will create, and I will use use wires to connect from the SIP to the breadboard.

Thanks a lot!
check under "amp-con- quick", you get many of them
No need to design afresh.

If you are looking for .1 inch pin header look under pinhead.

When you solder pin headers insert the long end of the pins into an old Solderless Bread Board. It is possible that the plastic holding them in line will soften and the pins will stray from their correct position. The SBB will keep them in place.

If you want to buy pin headers (break away .1 inch pin headers) futrlec has them at about 1/10 the going rate (I think it is 10 for $1.20US). I order a supply, they ship too slow to order as needed for my taste.

Eagle SIP pads: pad diameter: 1.6764mm (0.066in), drill size: 0,9mm (0.03543in)

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back