Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Bargain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - K8LH

Just came across a promotion (potential bargain of sorts?) for PCB manufacturing from JLCPCB & associate EasyEDA. Basically, once per month you can get an $8 discount for a PCB order if you use EasyEDA to design your PCB and submit it for manufacture to JLCPCB from within the EasyEDA browser app'.

Eager to check this out I used EasyEDA to design a simple serial 2-pin 8-bit LCD backpack and ordered a batch of 10 boards which ended up costing me $1, including shipping.

I'm curious if this promotion is available to users in locations other than USA?

BTW, I was really quite impressed with the capabilities of a PCB design app' running in a browser on my very slow PC.

Happy Holidays and cheerful regards, Mike

temp lcd backpack.png

LCD Backpack.png

Last edited:
EasyEDA is a great program. Truly easy to use without a steep learning curve, huge parts library, and it makes it simple to use JLC's nearly free assembly service.

Hi Mike,

I assume that serial connector is standard and can't be changed. If that is not the case, have you considered putting VCC in the center, so if plugged in wrong, it won't damage anything? That's what most hobby servos do today.
John

I can always change that PCB layout, John. I threw together a quick-n'-dirty PCB layout because I was anxious to see how hard it might be to use the EasyEDA app' and take advantage of the promotion. Now I'm wondering what to design and layout for January (grin).

Take care, guys. Happy Holidays...

Just visited EasyEDA (both standard and Pro) and can't see anything about this promotion. Where should I look and what should I see?

Mike.

Regarding the standard and pro versions – the pro version has some new features I'd like to have, but gives up features I use all the time. It's odd that they've included a new version that sacrifices some important features of the old version.

At any rate, EasyEDA is my go-to design software that I use all the time, and I'm a happy customer.

I can confirm that the offer is available in Australia,
pcb.png

Thanks Mike. Now, what to order? My friend has a Cricut machine that's bricked and they have sent her a replacement. Maybe the main electronics for it could be made. After all, all the hardware (steppers etc.) is already built.

Mike.

On a side note... I needed an LED driver for my new indicator... Never seen a 74HC164 used like that before.

However the 3.3uS timebase is a bit fast for me, so I'm using a 54uS timebase for a slightly better control (albeit a tad slower)

I hope you dont mind mike.... Thanks for the JLCPCB info as well.

And Happy Holiday to you as well..

I found that 3.3uS was giving errors (probably design issues on my part) but with 54uS I have tones more wiggle room.

I don't need it as a backpack, I need to drive 10 LED's and I only have 4 pins.. Charlieplexing was bouncing PORTB all over the place... This though is working very well.. Only takes 3mS to update my bar graph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back