Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC Webcam - want to convert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

russell_w6

I have a small "webcam" that came with my old pc. The brand name is logitech but the camera was made in China. It came with a USB cord. I want to use it in an electronics project that has nothing to do with a pc. The cord has 4 wires and a shield. The black and red are probably 20 ga. and the white and green are 22 ga. I've used small cameras before but they only had 2 wires for the power and a small coax for the video signal. I want to use an "RCA" type video jack. power is no problem, any ac/dc source from 5 volts to 24 volts is available. Can anyone help with identification of the correct wires to use?

I checked the plug in a USB port and obviously the power to the camera is 5.17 vdc red+ black-. But I still need help with the white and green.

Thanks in advance
russell_w6

hey. because the camera is USB it's most likely output a digital signal so you would probably have to tap into the analogue signal on the PCB before it gets converted to a USB signal. This is hard if your not an expert (i couldn't do it as yet!).

To all you electronics "god"s and "experts" : correct me if i'm wrong.

Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back