PC Webcam - want to convert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

russell_w6

I have a small "webcam" that came with my old pc. The brand name is logitech but the camera was made in China. It came with a USB cord. I want to use it in an electronics project that has nothing to do with a pc. The cord has 4 wires and a shield. The black and red are probably 20 ga. and the white and green are 22 ga. I've used small cameras before but they only had 2 wires for the power and a small coax for the video signal. I want to use an "RCA" type video jack. power is no problem, any ac/dc source from 5 volts to 24 volts is available. Can anyone help with identification of the correct wires to use?

I checked the plug in a USB port and obviously the power to the camera is 5.17 vdc red+ black-. But I still need help with the white and green.

Thanks in advance
russell_w6

hey. because the camera is USB it's most likely output a digital signal so you would probably have to tap into the analogue signal on the PCB before it gets converted to a USB signal. This is hard if your not an expert (i couldn't do it as yet!).

To all you electronics "god"s and "experts" : correct me if i'm wrong.

Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…