Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC steering wheel hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

woogoo

Hello ,

I just hack a PC steering (logitech formula force gp) to work with an xbox.
I get a madcatz mc2 (green one) too but the wheel get to center by spring and I dont like the way it feel, and the wheel disconnect sometime.I like to feel a strong center force like on pc wheel, the trick is the plug the pc wheel to a PC and in same time to an xbox to get the ability to set the center force smooth or strong.

I hack together an xbox controller and my pc wheel , i will not enter in detail but the pot of wheel are connect to the pot location on the L stick. everything work fine , except i get a little too much deadzone. Because the stick use what 40-60 degree and the wheel is 270 degree.

The wheel Madcatz get a calibration system to set the deadzone but i cant use the madcatz board because its disconnect sometime.
Someone know a way to do a Hardware calibration?
like doing a circuit or adding some componnent.

thanks
sorry for my english , this is not my main language

So you want to get more movement from the wheel.

OK, measure the resistance of the stick when it's at maximum deflection and minimum deflection.

Now, measure the resistance on the wheel for max and minimum deflections.

Try to find a resistor that you should add in series and/or in parallel to adjust the 4 values measured earlier.

Maybe post the values in here and we'll try to figure something out.

You need: wheel fully left, wheel fully right, stick fully left, stick fully right resistances.

I will try to explain better,
first I replace the 10k pot on the x axis on the stick by the 10k on the wheel. the trouble is the deadzone the stick is 70 degree total and the wheel are 270 degree total , so the little deadzone on the stick become huge on the wheel.

the stick have 2 pot of 10k in parallel one for X axis and one for y axis
Here the value of the wheel pot (10k) in paralel with the y axis stick pot (10k):

Ground to ? = 1.6k
Ground to output center =3.1k
Ground to output Left = 1.640k
Ground to output Right = 2.620k

? to output center = 3.1k
? to output left = 2.680k
? to output right=1.630k

here a pic for the original stick pot:
and i dont know what is the "?" maybe power.. that go to the trigger ? dot and the y and x axis of stick

Attachments

• pot_108.jpg
    pot_108.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 501
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back