Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

patch cable tester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Cat5 tester (no pic) sorry.
9 vot batter, 9 (1k) resistors.
Meter to see if the wires are in the correct order. connected?

Attachments

• CatTester.JPG
    CatTester.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 773
Anyone seen, or built a pic driven Cat5 cable tester?

I'd like to try to build one

why? when you can buy a really good one for $6.99 with free shipping.
I have this one:
**broken link removed**

It tests RJ11, USB, and RJ45.
it works great.

Last edited:
ronsimpson nice...

What if you setup a way that it has 7 Leds and and the last wire is ground and have a pic with at lest 7 i/o or a 4 pin pic and a shift register and shift a 1 in all the line so it flashes down the list and on the other end make sure you set it up with a correct wire so the leds flash correctly. Ill make a schematic to better explain

This should work for a Cross-Over Cable. If connections are correct Led 1 and 8 is the VCC and GND if connect correctly should light both and if all else is correct it should scroll down the line of leds. 1 after the other if not correct it will skip leds.
Here ya go:
EDIT CHANGED A BIT...
patch-png.23372

Attachments

• patch.png
    patch.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,351
Last edited:
I`ve been trained to use Pic16F84A can the cable tester work using Pic16F84A and how does it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back