Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parts ids

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tall components are attached to the lid to stop them vibrating. The capacitors only have two pins so they can wobble from side to side and break the legs.

Some restraint control modules charge capacitors up to a high voltage so that more energy can be stored. The energy has to be stored as the airbags may need to be fired after the battery voltage has been lost.

The UAA1280T is obsolete and I can't find it's data sheet so I don't know what it does, or why two are needed.

The UAA1280T ICs are dedicated airbag controllers; Mouser used to sell them at one time..

One of the large block items may be a supercapacitor to store the energy to fire the airbag detonators?

The TLC2274 is a fairly common quad opamp.

Some of the other numbers are probably "in house" codes, likely custom made or custom programmed devices made/programmed for one specific system manufacturer and not otherwise available with that programming.

A steel ball-in-tube accelerometer will probably rattle if shaken, or at least some movement could be felt.

I don't know what the UAA1280T ICs do, but ECUs usually have a microcontroller with low power outputs, and separate ICs are used to operate high-power signals.

The 52 pin device would be the microcontroller, which contains the CPU and the memories, so that is normally where data would be stored. The simpler ICs would probably not store any information.

It's difficult to know what the different capacitors are used for. There are often one or two electrolytic capacitors across the 12 V power supply.

I don't known what the 6 pin device is. A better photo might help.

The quad op-amp isn't likely to drive the ignitors, as it doesn't have enough power. It's more likely to be sensing acceleration from an analogue output accelerometer. It's common to have op-amps as separate components because it's rare to get op-amps inside microcontrollers, and I certainly wasn't common 20 years ago when that module was designed.

Last edited:
I believe the UAA1280T ICs combine the airbag circuit continuity monitoring and power switching to fire the airbags.

The connections to the CPU will likely just be logic level and analog signals for control and fault detection.

I'd expect a more capable power source than the normal electrolytics, for the firing power? I may be wrong, but I'd guess a supercap..

The MCU is a MC68HC705, It has eeprom where config data, dtc's and crash data is stored. As well as a rom for the programming (read only)

Im guessing this is from a hyundai? I dont know many older hyundai srs modules so Im not sure what that tube is in yours but in a lot of other airbag modules they will have similar tubes with a large cap inside it. If its not that I guess it could be some type of tilt switch to detect roll over but I dont usually see these inside of airbag modules so Id be a bit surprised. Should be pretty easy to test with a dmm.

Last edited:
The SA20 is an accelerometer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back