Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parking problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skapone

I’m not sure if it is the same system in other parts of the world, but the parking inspectors near where I park sometimes will walk by cars and chalk the wheels of the car and on their return 2 hours later book all the cars with chalked wheels. I was trying to think of a system that will possibly tell me when my wheels had been chalked and allow me adequate time to get back to my car or move my car. I don’t want to rip off the system; it’s just that I sometimes drive into the city when I have less then 3 hours of stuff to do at university and although the parking inspectors don’t come by every 2 hours it would be nice to have a idea when they did.

I was thinking of fitting my wheel arches with a series of ir sensors that would be triggered when anyone tried to chalk my wheels. This triggered circuit could then broad cast a signal that could be picked up by a small pager type device that I could carry. I know how to make the sensor circuit. I was just wondering if anyone knew what transmitter and receiver would be best to use and if they had a schematic of the circuit.

The transmitter would probably need a range of about 2km but could have a large battery that could be kept in the car.

Thanks in advance

You could also get a very close range bio-electrical field monitor, and attatch it to both of the front wheels, make the range about 4" yes inches, that way, when someone reaches near your wheels to chalk them, the sensor would set off a buzzer you could wear like a pager just get a long range transmitter, so you could get it if your a good distance away, and like I said, have it hooked up to a pager motor, so when someone comes within 4" of your front wheels, it'll go off, giving you enough time to check to see if it was the people who do that stuff...

You could also mount the monitor in the wheel well or just above it, so it wouldn't set off the buzzer while you were in the car.

haha

One of my friends suggested hoses in the wheel arches that routinely drenched my front wheels in a hope to erase the chalk

Bio electrical field monitor eh? I can just see the grin on the dogs face when he sets it off by pissing on your wheels :D
How about some lateral solutions?
Like getting a 3 hour parking spot?
No 3 hour spots? bad luck, take your chances or visit your car after 2 hours and shift it.
Or, if you want to be creative, make a sign that says "reserved space for visiting dignitary so and so" and put your rego number on the sign. Put that next to the car and see what happens.
(probably half a dozen such signs up and down the road on the next day :wink: )

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back