Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parking Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamproject

Hi all,

Just got an idea to make a parking gate hack. A parking gate at my friend's place uses an rf transmitter. Does anybody know if:

1. All parking gates operate at a standard freq. range ?

2. Is the signal sent by the RF transmitter a data string or a signal of a fixed frequency which will trigger the gate to open.

3. If the operating freq. range of these automatic gates fixed as a standard (i.e. X Hz. to Y Hz.) , will making a RF transmitter to send pulses , "bursts" of signals at all these "Standard" frequencies be useful for opening any parking gate.

Thanks for your time...

Newer ones are not so easy to hack. Building devices to hack security systems points to no good and I doubt you will find anyone worthwhile on here to help you...

Chill

Hi,

I didn't mean to hack into the building to steal something (I think I mentioned "friend") . I just wanted to demonstrate a proof-of-concept. Don't you think hundreds of circuits are being built here which violate copyrighted concepts of various companies?

Please loosen up a bit

dreamproject said:
Hi,

I didn't mean to hack into the building to steal something (I think I mentioned "friend") . I just wanted to demonstrate a proof-of-concept. Don't you think hundreds of circuits are being built here which violate copyrighted concepts of various companies?

No body mentioned 'copyright', the problem with your post is it's asking for a device for criminal activities - there's no 'honest' reason for it.

Such devices though are coded to prevent you doing it, with more modern devices using much higher security than older ones.

Clarification

Hi all,

I think a little clarification is due here. This is a parking gate which provides access to the parking area , Not the building. I could park outside and walk past the gate if i wanted to. It's an arm type gate not a full fledged gate like I think you're all assuming. Anyway, If its not welcome here, I will think of something else to build this week end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back