Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parking Access System

Status
Not open for further replies.

abosseen

I want to solve the problem of accessing the car parking. What I mean is that we may have a situation in which we have two cars that are tight togather in a way that there is no space between them and if the first car (which is in the front) is authorized to access tha parking, the second car will also access the parking, and what I want is to deny the access of the second car.

I hope that I could explain the problem well, I need your help in designing a system to do so, or give me any ideas, suggestions, or even similar existing systems.

Thanks a lot

Even if the two cars are bumper to bumper there will be a gap between them that can be detected with an infrared beam , car designs create a gap at the same hieght as the windshield. Or a simple pneumatic tube across the entrance can detect the number of wheel axles passing over..

If access is controlled by a gate, you need a sign that warns the second driver that he has to wait for the gate to close, or else his car will get slammed by the gate closing behind the first car!

the core of the required project

Thanks alot for your responses.
I want to clarify something: the core of this project is to solve the problem of the cars that are tight togather, because they assume that there could be two friends that want to access the parking and one of them is authorized and the second is not, so they may agree on that the authorized one will put his/her gear into the normal case and the second one will push him/her. In this case we will not have any space between the two cars. Another issue is that I need to stop the second car, that is I need to do something that force any two cars to be a way from each other.
Again thank you all about your responses, and I'm waiting for your ideas.

Abosseen, look at / observe the problem...
Cars are not cubes and do not fit flush together .

Attachments

• traffic-jam.jpg
    traffic-jam.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 410
other solutions

Mr. tansis I know that it could be imposible to have this situation, but let us assume that it could happen. So, I need other solutions to determine the best one that I can implement.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back