Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parity ODD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill try that code now. I was using asm because i wasnt sure if the C code takes to long to process and i would mistakenly skip a pulse and get the wrong data.

I'm not a fan of C, but any mechanical process (like a key press) is an incredibly slow process - even a BASIC Stamp (running interpreted BASIC from an EEPROM) would be plenty fast enough.

C is generally very fast anyway, and depending on optimisation (and how you write it) may be little different in speed to assembler - but it will create the worst looking assembler code 'you ever did see' (you're probably far too young, and on the wrong continent, to understand that 'spotty dog' reference :D ).

heh i am Nigel but i do understand what you mean.

gabeNC:

Thanks for saying that. Post like that make me want to share everything i do. There are a lot of people who instead of saying "good work and heres what you can do to make it better" they say NO! your doing it wrong. Dont do that ... dont do this... and complain. I like posting here because you get RESPECT.

You will seldom find some guys who are jerks.

Anyway im taking a little break from this and am working on a nice LCD i got from my fav store.

Graphic LCD 96x64 w/ SED1565 Controller - dipmicro electronics

Its a :Graphic LCD 96x64 w/ SED1565 Controller

It runs on 3.3v i think so im going to have to create a converter circuit. I dont want to use resistor. I might use a 3.3v Regulator to make the entire circuit 3v logic.

But if i use 3.3v reg and try to debug will it send 5v? or 3v? if i have a 3.3v reg on board and it has its own power from wall.

Will pickit send not power? or do i have to worry?

Jason (AtomSoft),

I sincerely hope that my suggestions didn't come off as criticisms.

You've done a very nice job showing me how I might pull meaningful data from a PS/2 keyboard.

Thank you. Mike

Mike whether it did or didnt i thank you for all the help you gave me. You have permission to criticize me when ever heh

I read somewhere here i think something like...
Experience is something you get when you dont get what you want.

So if you dont criticize me then i will never get any experience :)

guys i need some help. I have this variable

unsigned char FontA[97][8]

How would i make it fit in idata? I forgot how i did this before

I FIXED IT:

unsigned rom char FontA[97][8]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back