Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Displaying an odd character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the compiler make much difference in the asm and hex that is produced?

Should I try to learn asm?
Yes they do. The hex is also affected by the level of optimization used.

Stay with C till you are good at it. Then you can learn ASM if you wish. Changing languages at this point would not be helpful. Note that had tom been using ASM I would have suggested he stay with it.

Given that the display can display all characters but you suspect that it has problems I would try this. Try writing each char on the display twice. For example to write 'hi', write the h, back up, write the h again, write the i, back up, write the i again. Not rocket science or a perfect solution but it may salvage the display with a simple software change.

You can try backspace to do the backup or use XY positioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back