Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parallel port output to bitmap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justDIY

I have a Tektronix Digital scope, 2 chan, 60mhz, 1gsps ... its' only output, other than the lcd, is via a parallel printer port which supposedly only talks to HP Laser Printers (never tried it)

Is there an inexpensive way to capture data from that port, and transform it into a bitmap for viewing on the PC?

as I understand it, HP lasers accept raw raster data as an image (along with other more complex formats), so, if I connected the scope to my pc via some sort of parallel port null modem cable, I should be able to capture that raster data, and display it as a bitmap right? That is assuming of course, the scope is just sending out a raster image of the screen and not something more complexe.

Has anyone seen something like this, or have ideas on where to start searching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back