Parallel port 2040 Inputs and 2040 Outputs (ParUlCon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconC

Hi friends,

I was looking for a long time in internet for a large amount of controlled I/O through the parallel port (without micro controller support) but I couldn't find any. So me and some friends made a 2040 inputs and 2040 outputs controller. You can find below the schematics for both the main card and the I/O. Now we are developing the software to sense and control this monster.

We also established a web site and we have collected there all possible circuit controllers via the parallel port. For more information on this project and the others also you may click **broken link removed**

Attachments

• px13402040_main_schg.gif
    54.2 KB · Views: 275
  • px13402040_io_schg.gif
    55.3 KB · Views: 300
The method used in your design need a lot of wiring and my need further buffering because of the large number of the I/O's. I think it is better to look for a design that uses minimum number of wires such as serial buses like I2C . Philips and Maxim has a wide range of I2C I/O expander you can make use of them .In the following link you can find a lot of I2C general purpose I/O expanders from NXP..

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…