Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel port 2040 Inputs and 2040 Outputs (ParUlCon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconC

Hi friends,

I was looking for a long time in internet for a large amount of controlled I/O through the parallel port (without micro controller support) but I couldn't find any. So me and some friends made a 2040 inputs and 2040 outputs controller. You can find below the schematics for both the main card and the I/O. Now we are developing the software to sense and control this monster.

We also established a web site and we have collected there all possible circuit controllers via the parallel port. For more information on this project and the others also you may click **broken link removed**

Attachments

• px13402040_main_schg.gif
    px13402040_main_schg.gif
    54.2 KB · Views: 273
  • px13402040_io_schg.gif
    px13402040_io_schg.gif
    55.3 KB · Views: 298
The method used in your design need a lot of wiring and my need further buffering because of the large number of the I/O's. I think it is better to look for a design that uses minimum number of wires such as serial buses like I2C . Philips and Maxim has a wide range of I2C I/O expander you can make use of them .In the following link you can find a lot of I2C general purpose I/O expanders from NXP..

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back