Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel 9Vdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

techno13th

Hello guys,

I'm a software technician.. so electronic is a little bit new to me.
I need some basic help on my current project..

This is the scenario, I want to use just one adapter of 9Vdc/250mA to a four load of rating Voltage 9Vdc and current 250mA.

I already make a simple parallel power circuit. I know, the load won't light up because of the current rating. So, is it possible... for me to use 12Vdc/1amp adapter for my 4 load output ? or do I need to make another circuit with a resistance to maintain the current and to control voltage flow.

I hope you guys get the picture, and excuse my electrical terminology. Good day :)

You've solved the current problem, but the voltage is more with 3 volts.

What is your loads ? sometimes they have themseleves voltage regulators.

Thanks for the quick reply. The load is an infrared night LED circuit. So, this is what I realized from few adapters nowadays, they have this range of voltage rating... say for e.g 9-12Vdc.

But, if I inject a 12Vdc... it will damage the loads no ?

The extra 3 volts power won't be a problem is it ...

Last edited:
I'm not sure I know such device, but if its simple LED lamp used at night.

But getting 9v adaptors is not a problem, if it is, you may make a simple voltage regulator to make your 12v to 9volts.

Most of the "adapters" have a much higher voltage on NO LOAD. You have to tell us what the ACTUAL voltages are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back