Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pacman eat you heart out... no really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you choose to not accept chemotactic response as the mechanism which moves a WBC towards a target, then that is your right.

That's not what I said. I said:

"What I was wondering was more along the lines of the guidance system. The chemotaxis page didn't offer anything new."

And it doesn't. Neither did that link you posted. People have known these cells head up chemical gradients for ages. Re-hashing that answer is like saying "it runs on gasoline" every time someone asks how a car works. Obviously there's more to it than that.

That's not what I said. I said:

"What I was wondering was more along the lines of the guidance system. The chemotaxis page didn't offer anything new."

And it doesn't. Neither did that link you posted. People have known these cells head up chemical gradients for ages. Re-hashing that answer is like saying "it runs on gasoline" every time someone asks how a car works. Obviously there's more to it than that.

I can not help it if you do not understand the links I provided. And FYI, these mechanisms have not been known for ages. Only in the last three decades have these processes been more understood and still being studied.

I really think you are trifling for sake of argument.

At least I'm not posturing. There's no explanation as to why it didn't stick out a pseudopod at the other bacteria, like I was saying.

Unless you think you found something in there that answers that one. If so, please point that part out and we will see who understands and who doesn't.

I thought Missouri was the show me state. First of all, I am somewhat perplexed by that video as it seems a bit unfamiliar as to what I would expect to see.

Now, Although white blood cells do not have olfactory functions, lets say they do for this discussion. The WBC is triggered by chemo receptors, these receptors trigger a response in the cell. The cell now seeks the chemical based on a concentration gradient. It searches left, then right, then center, the cell then knows the strongest gradient and follows this path (Don't ask me how this work because I don't know). The cell continues on the strongest gradient path sniffing all the while until the unwanted organism is eliminated. The biochemistry involved is beyond me, and if this explantion is not satisfactory for you, then I suggest you do a bit of reading.

Couldn't find it, could you? That's because it's not in there. So, I suggest you do a bit of reading, perhaps starting with the things I wrote in this item... since you clearly didn't do me the courtesy before responding to them.

Couldn't find it, could you? That's because it's not in there. So, I suggest you do a bit of reading, perhaps starting with the things I wrote in this item... since you clearly didn't do me the courtesy before responding to them.

Could not find what? Like I said, you are trifling.

Your original question was how the cell targets the bacteria, I gave you my explanation and you dismissed it. I gave you links, and you dismissed them. So obviously you are smarter than the average biologist and who am I to offer refutation to your vast biological knowledge?

I get the feeling that you just do not like my views or me, and would refute anything I say. If this is the case, sorry if I made you harbor these feelings but do keep an open mind in spite of these feelings, and try to consider ideas presented by me without prejudice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back