Pace desoldering unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldTechie

I've been given an old Pace PPS-100A desoldering unit, but without a handpiece.
Does anyone have any documentation for this unit, or at least know which handpiece(s) were meant to be used with it? I have downloaded all of the catalogs and manuals that I can find on the Pace desoldering units, but none of them mentions the PPS-100A system.
It doesn't look to be very complicated inside, but it's pretty useless without a handpiece. I think that the handpieces had 115VAC heaters because of the 115VAC connectors on the front of the unit, but the vacuum connector appears to be a special connector. The handpiece vacuum hose needs a special twist-lock connector that none of the more modern systems have.
Any info or documentation is welcome.

Dave M

Is it this guy?:

**broken link removed**

Is it this guy?:

**broken link removed**

No, the MBT-100 is similar in size, but it uses an SX-55 (24V) handpiece, whereas the PPS-100A uses an SX-25 or SX-25 handpiece (120V). With help of some other forums and a kind fellow at Pace, I got the information I need to make the PPS-100A a complete unit. The PPS-100A is the power source for the model PRC-150A system (discontinued long ago).

I found a seller on Ebay who had a number of complete handpieces that will work with the PPS-100A.
Thanks for the reply
Dave M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…