Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pace desoldering unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldTechie

I've been given an old Pace PPS-100A desoldering unit, but without a handpiece.
Does anyone have any documentation for this unit, or at least know which handpiece(s) were meant to be used with it? I have downloaded all of the catalogs and manuals that I can find on the Pace desoldering units, but none of them mentions the PPS-100A system.
It doesn't look to be very complicated inside, but it's pretty useless without a handpiece. I think that the handpieces had 115VAC heaters because of the 115VAC connectors on the front of the unit, but the vacuum connector appears to be a special connector. The handpiece vacuum hose needs a special twist-lock connector that none of the more modern systems have.
Any info or documentation is welcome.

Dave M

I've been given an old Pace PPS-100A desoldering unit, but without a handpiece.
Does anyone have any documentation for this unit, or at least know which handpiece(s) were meant to be used with it? I have downloaded all of the catalogs and manuals that I can find on the Pace desoldering units, but none of them mentions the PPS-100A system.
It doesn't look to be very complicated inside, but it's pretty useless without a handpiece. I think that the handpieces had 115VAC heaters because of the 115VAC connectors on the front of the unit, but the vacuum connector appears to be a special connector. The handpiece vacuum hose needs a special twist-lock connector that none of the more modern systems have.
Any info or documentation is welcome.

Dave M

Is it this guy?:

**broken link removed**

Is it this guy?:

**broken link removed**

No, the MBT-100 is similar in size, but it uses an SX-55 (24V) handpiece, whereas the PPS-100A uses an SX-25 or SX-25 handpiece (120V). With help of some other forums and a kind fellow at Pace, I got the information I need to make the PPS-100A a complete unit. The PPS-100A is the power source for the model PRC-150A system (discontinued long ago).

I found a seller on Ebay who had a number of complete handpieces that will work with the PPS-100A.
Thanks for the reply
Dave M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back