Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ozipic'er p16pro40 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahbin

Hello, I have recently built the ozipic'er parallel programmer but unfortunately it doesn't work. I checked the circuit several times but my computer still doesn't detect it (I have also tried with 2 other pc's). I use it with 2 9volt batteries the green, the jellow and the red leds are on but winpicprog doesn't detect it. Please help me I am lost :s
I attached 2 pictures of the programmer below.
Thanks

Hi,

The typical problems with that type of programmer are fitting the transistors incorrectly.

The pin outs can be different depending on the makers, so check the ones you have bought.

Also the type of parallel cable can be important, use a proper screened cable and keep the length to not more than 1 meter.

The P16PRO programmer is very similar and works well but only uses 3 transistors.

Last edited:
I have tried with a windows xp and windows 98 (from 1999) without luck. I will check the date sheets again.

WinPicProg has manual toggle buttons for fault finding, manually select the correct port address and then try toggling the output pins, you should be able to turn the LED's ON and OFF.

LED's stay ON no mather what (I didn't use the cable I plugged it directly to the parralel port). I also looked at transistors but they seem to be fitted correctly.

Last edited:
$378 (checked at BIOS) by the way it happens to be that my pnp transistors were fitted backwards :p. Now when I power up the board without the pic, only the green LED turns ON, when a place the pic the jellow LED turns also ON. As soon as I connect the parallel port the jellow turns OFF and only the green one stays ON

Hi, today I tried again but it doesn't work, I even changed the parallel port modes to compatible, EPP, ECP and bi-directionnal but non of them worked. I am lost :s

Set the port address to $378 manually in WinPicProg, and then try pressing the toggle buttons, do the LEDs change state or not?. If not, check the voltages on the actual pins of your parallel port.

yes I switched between D0 to D7 but nothing happended. I even restarted the program after each try.View attachment 67769 View attachment 67770

You don't need to switch between the different port pins, leave them set correctly for the Ozipicer, ensure the port is set to the correct address, and manually toggle the Vdd and Vpp (and Vpp40) pins using the onscreen buttons - the relevant LED's should go ON and OFF as you do. If they don't, then check if the voltages on the port pins themselves change as you toggle - the pin numbers, and WinPicProg settings are clearly marked on the schematic.

well when I plug the programmer in, the red LED's light up. When I switch vdd On they become brighter (they are both ON the entire time even when vpp40 and vpp is OFF). This is the voltges of the parralel port:

(D4=Vdd, D5=Vpp, D6=Vpp40, D10=ACK)

Vdd ON:

D4 = 3.33V
D5 = 3.34V
D6 = 3.34V
D10 = 4.46V

Vpp ON

D4 = 0.079V
D5 = 0.079V
D6 = 3.34V
D10 = 4.46V

Vpp40 ON

D4 = 0.079V
D5 = 3.33V
D6 = 0.079V
D10 = 4.46V

It seems that D5 and D6 are reversed on Vpp and Vpp40 ?

Last edited:
74HC14:

Pin 2 = 5.33V
Pin 4 = 5.30V
Pin 5 = 0.74V
Pin 8 = 5.27V
Pin 10 = 0.76V
Pin 12 0.74V

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads