Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Over Current with Wind Up Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

novazembla

Hello,

I'm thinking of developing little micro-controller driven gadgets driven by a wind-up generator (e.g. **broken link removed**). A very simple example would be a thermometer which dispays the temperature on a LCD display. Such a wind-up generator produces 0.5A at 5.5V giving room for quite a lot of applications. However, I wonder if my application uses less than the full 0.5A would it be blown by the over current? If yes, how could I avoid this in the simpliest way. I try to build a module that could be reused for many applications (maybe even without knowing its current demand in advance) and it would be great if you could point me to a solution that is using "off the shelf" parts.

Thanks in advance!

Devices only take what current they need - consider going to buy a bottle of vodka, does that means you're falling down drunk? - hopefully not, you only drink what you want. Same principle, the circuit only takes what it wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back