Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OTL tube headphone amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I will do that tomorrow to the wires, perhaps I should have asked that first as they are a real pain, thanks for the schematic, as I see it all of the smoothing capacitors
are running to chassis ground but I will double check everything tomorrow and report back.

This is an early picture of all of the smoothing capacitors all of the - are connected to a terminal strip which is bolted to the chassis with a buss wire running the length of
the terminal strip. Is this acceptable or will I have to change it.
Thanks Ian

The hum has been significantly reduced by tidying up the 6.3v wires and twisting them however it appears that I have wired the potentiometer wrongly as the volume is going neither up down and the sound in general is just poor, can anyone provide a small diagram please to show which pins that the audio cables from the valve pins 1 and 4 of the 6SN7 and from the rca inputs should be going please.

This is a view looking at the back of the dual gang potentiometer. (I consider the front end the end with the spindle sticking out.)

130118.jpg

Both sections of the pot are wired the same way. one for the left channel and one for the right channel. If I remember correctly (As it is over 60 years ago.) the heater windings sometimes had a centre tap that could be connected to ground. You could achieve a similar effect by connecting a 100 ohm resistor between each end of the heater winding and ground. If the noise is more of a buzz than a hum connecting a small capacitor (Say 10 nF) across each diode of the bridge rectifiers might help.

Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back