Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscilloscope Repair Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

booboojerkers

Hi,

I have come across an old Tektronix 2230. It powers up and does have a display but with only a single dot. With the little that I know about troubleshooting scopes, this may indicate something wrong with the horizontal section (sweep generator locked up?).

Any suggestions on how to approach this fix? The beam is not moving on the time x axis as a scope typically does when you fire it up.

If this scope is going to cost me an arm and a leg to fix this type of issue, It may just be more worth it to spend a few hundred $ to get something that's already in working condition.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

Thanks, there's a start...got one!

Anybody else have any feedback on how to approach this fix or run across this type of issue before?

Thanks a lot! Got the manual. That's an extremely helpful site.

Has anybody encountered this type of issue before with an O-scope repair?

thanks!

The beam is not moving on the time x axis as a scope typically does when you fire it up.
Do you get a vertical line if you apply an AC input signal to the scope?
I assume you don't have the scope in XY mode. ;)
What does it do in XY mode if you apply the same signal to both channel 1 & 2? If you get can get a line at 45 degrees after adjusting Volts/Div of both channels the same, then both the horizontal and vertical deflection circuits are OK.

I was thinking maybe the beam finder button was stuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back