Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

erique82

i made an 2mhz lc oscillator, but it didnt give me a sinewave signal. how can i obtain a sinewave oscillating signal at 2mhz?

erique82 said:
i made an 2mhz lc oscillator, but it didnt give me a sinewave signal. how can i obtain a sinewave oscillating signal at 2mhz?

Build it properly!, an LC oscillator should give a sinewave, it sounds like you may have far too much feedback? - try posting your circuit.

You will need to do as Nigel says. You did not mention voltage levels, etc. More details or upload what you have designed.

i didnt bring along my design now, but here's the rough overview.

Attachments

• osc-basics-fig2.gif
    osc-basics-fig2.gif
    971 bytes · Views: 445
One thing that you have easily overlooked (that applies to basically every single circuit out there) is that the Load is the output

so, u meant the load is the output? that explains a lot. i didn't know that. i just copied the design from the net. the guy just connected the oscillator to the capacitor junctions. will check it out once i get back. and i will post the real picture later when i get online again. :)

i finally got 2mhz! thanx. it was a careless mistake. the output needs to be hooked to the inductor like in the picture. however, is there any way to make the signal center at the x-axis instead? :)

erique82 said:
i finally got 2mhz! thanx. it was a careless mistake. the output needs to be hooked to the inductor like in the picture. however, is there any way to make the signal center at the x-axis instead? :)

As you haven't posted the circuit there's not much we can suggest?, and your question doesn't make much sense either?.

erique82 said:
the output needs to be hooked to the inductor like in the picture.
Are you trying to make a transmitter?

Is there any way to make the signal center at the x-axis instead?
the x-axis of what?

If you are talking about an oscilloscope, what you will most likely get on the screen is a bunch of waves with the same height.

Did you try making the circuit in Circuit Maker (or LT Spice I see a lot here, not sure if there is an educational version).

Then you see it on the computer, if you results are way off, check your wiring again. Just a thought. Gonna go see what LT Spice is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back